Friday, July 24, 2009

Summer Fun & Parades!

Summer is my favorite time of year. I prefer heat over cold. Here are some cute pictures of the grandbabies hanging out in grandma's version of a swimming pool. They don't care how big it isn't.




What could be better than squishy baby legs!

Such a happy girl.



Roman's First Parade! So I grew up going to the Day's of 47 parade. It was a huge family tradition and one that I looked forward to. Ray has never understood it. His family watched the parade on tv which I pretty much refuse to do. When the girls were little we went to the parade for awhile until they were old enough to object to the heat and the walk from the available parking. Anyway, I have not been to the parade for years and I was excited this year to take Roman. Just me and him signed up for this adventure. Everybody else had to work. We found parking, walked just a few blocks, and found a great place to sit on the grass. Now I know he doesn't look like he is having a great time, but I promise, he did! His favorite thing was the bagpipes. Next year Payton should be old enough to join us. Later I met some long-time friends (they object to being called "old" friends) for lunch, and then everybody gathered at my mom's as they got off work for dinner. It was a very good day for me.











1 comment:

Heidi and Judd said...

So cute! I love Roman's face at the parade, he's totally into it! You really do have such cute Grandbabies!