Thursday, November 5, 2009

Akasha's Blessing

Details of the fun dress.
Roman, Nicki and Akasha

Happy girl!


Cute baby Akasha was blessed on Sunday in our ward by my Uncle Jim. He gave her a beautiful blessing. The day was somewhat bittersweet because we all missed my dad who gave our daughters and other grandchildren beautiful blessings. But we felt him there with us in spirit. These pictures are of course not in the order I wanted them posted but I can't figure things out. I made Akasha's blessing dress - twice. In my typical way, I just kept sewing away even though my mom kept telling me to try the dress on her. I was trying to finish the dress a week before her blessing day because I had such a crazy week coming up. So I tried it on her Friday night, it was almost completely done except for sewing in the skirt lining, and it didn't fit. Nope. No matter which way we turned her and tried to squish her cute little self into it, the back edges would not meet. Great. So I started over. I fortunately had about 10 yards of this gorgeous fabric covered in seed pearls that we had bought several years ago to maybe use as part of a wedding dress. Thank goodness I had so much. I am still cleaning up itty bitty pearls all over my house though. I can see them between the keys in my keyboard as I type.







1 comment:

Heidi and Judd said...

So beautiful!! You are amazing!! I love the dress, and can't believe how much she looks like Roman! Cute girl, fun day!