Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy 30th Anniversary - CA trip

Ray and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary on Saturday, June 29th. Wow - what a long time together! We actually got away this year for a few days (just to remind me why I work for JetBlue). We went to Long Beach Wednesday morning and came back Saturday morning. We stayed at a Marriott Hotel pretty much right next to Knottsberry Farm and we could hear the people screaming as the roller coasters were running at night. Kinda funny because we had absolutely no intention of going to Knottsberry. When I travel I am pretty much interested in only shopping and eating and Ray was very indulgent. Probably why we have been married so long. We went to a couple of amazing malls in Irvine and Newport Beach (and a couple of scarey ones) and had some very yummy food. If you are in southern Cal and enjoy artisan breads, soups, salads and sandwich places I highly recommend Panera Bread. We went to two different locations - delicious! After two days of non-stop mall wandering, Ray said he was tired of that and we went to Universal Studios for the afternoon. Lots of fun, really relaxing, but we both missed the grandkids so much! Here's to the next 30 years!




Newport Beach - obviously we did not go swimming, just walked along the beach, sidewalk and piers for awhile. I got really wet when Ray took my pictures because I wasn't watching the waves come in from behind me.








Universal Studios - I couldn't talk Ray into Disneyland because he said he didn't want to ride rides. So we went to Universal instead and this is after the Mummy's Tomb rollercoaster, which I thought was one of those simulator things - not. A high-speed roller coaster in the dark, and at the end, you stop and go backwards. Haha.




2 comments:

Beth at Aunties said...

I loved visiting with you! We also enjoy Newport beach...

But absolutely adore Panera Bread and paractically eat there daily for breakfast, lunch or dinner for two weeks last month (and for each eastern vacation) while traveling though through 7 states on the east coast. We have their new frequent visitor card. Hey, lets make our first million and open one up here in SLC! I know it would be an excellent hit! Zupas and Cafe Paradise do not compare.

I could use a bowl of soup and baquette right now! Then the cobb salad was so yummy too...ah the pastries:) I need a Panera fix!

SmithFamily said...

YAY! Congratualations on 30 great years!!! I miss JetBlue and I miss talking to you all the time :)
We are moving to Las Vegas next month but we will stay in touch.